Friday, March 3

FRIDAY FUN



I saw these short films by Mitchell Rose mentioned in the NYTimes. 'Modern Daydreams2:Unleashed' is great as well as the one with the John Deere excavator. If you're having a Walter Mitty moment, then watch one of these.

All you pirate knitters reminded me of Thomas Dolby("Good Heavens, Miss Sakamoto--you're beautiful!"). Huh? You know..."Europa and the Pirate Twins." Here are the lyrics . Kinda depressing but has all that 80's techno-angst that I soaked up in college...maybe a little too much. The other afternoon I was discipline patrol during Read-Aloud in Tex's class. While I prowled around hissing 'SIT!' at various miscreants, the other mother read a book to the kids. She sounded like Gigdget on speed...I shudder to think how many rpms she starts up with in the mornings.

This next item is what happened when I plugged in my original name. Yep, Mary Eloise. My mother was dearly hoping for a sweet pensive creature and instead got a clone in some respects. I grew up with a mother named 'Tiny Batts.' No lie. All of Ft. Worth knew her as such AND she was 5'9. I am not making this up. Now, connect the dots and you get 'Mary Batts,' as in happy little bloodsucking mammals. Does this explain a few things?

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Mary Eloise!

  1. Mary Eloise became extinct in England in 1486.
  2. Mary Eloise is picked, sorted and packed entirely in the field.
  3. It is impossible to fold Mary Eloise more than seven times.
  4. Cats use their Mary Eloise to test whether a space is large enough for them to fit through.
  5. Mary Eloise has three eyelids.
  6. Mary Eloise is physically incapable of sticking her tongue out.
  7. The blood of mammals is red, the blood of insects is yellow, and the blood of Mary Eloise is blue.
  8. Mary Eloise can clean her ears with her tongue, which is over thirty-nine inches long.
  9. Mary Eloise is incapable of sleep!
  10. Grapes explode if you put them inside Mary Eloise.
I am interested in - do tell me about her
The grapes got me. Have fun y'all!

No comments: