Monday, April 3

Postsortem

Thanks to everybody for their comments! You guys have got some hot hot hot flashes! Hit the flickr badge if you just showed up--the door's open.

I think I've had all the yarn flashing that I can handle for the moment. Wow. Scary Wow. Bow-wow-wow. Even Archie's pooped. I'm waiting for either a shrink or a yarn company to analyze all those stashes and come up with some new meds or zippier yarns. Hear that, Dr. Berrocco? And to top it all off, there's a big catfight brewing over on the Knitty boards about size, money and wretched excess. Hey, I'm not going to get into it. My 2cents is it's yarn, people. It's supposed to be FUN. So, stop yer bitchin' already.

On a lighter note, my weekend was filled with Little League, knitting, flashing and even cooking. Yes, here's proof that I actually darkened the door of our domestic nerve center:


It's my SlamBang Chicken. Preheat oven to 425 F. Squeeze a lemon over 4-pound fryer, liberally season with salt,pepper&rosemary and put the lemon halves w/s&p,more rosemary into cavity. Slam it into the oven and bang the door shut. Roast for about 40 minutes, then turn up the heat to 450F(+convection, if you have it) and let brown for 10-15 minutes. Option: Cut root vegetables into the size of your big toe and parboil for 10 minutes, remove from heat and let steep in hot water. Drain veg and put into roasting pan for last 10 minutes, turn them once to brown evenly.

We hit the mid-80's(temperature, not decade) here and it was no April Fool's joke. The metal bleachers are in the sun at the ballpark so GirlGenius here backed up the war wagon, lowered the tailgate, sat in instant shade and knitted on sock#2 for a spell. Lucinda Williams on the iPod, Amy Rigby's 'Diary of a Mod Housewife' next in the queue.
I joined The Sexy Knitter's Club. What can I say? That's one cool button and I love the 'Somewhat Cowl' pattern done by Wendy, who has a wicked pair of gams. Ok, stop ogling and let's move on to the pattern. This all gave me an excuse to toddle off to my lovely LYS and pick up 8 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca Silk in a yummy tobacco beige.


When discussing which size I should knit, the LYS owner took a hard look and said, "You're not that big. I'd go with the 36." I was wearing my Peg Bundy bra and everything! But, hey, she's right.



Here's where I am on the Sunset Circle Jacket. She's a bit miffed
about the new woman, er project, in my life but we spent some
quality time working on the raglan decreases last night.
I just keep the different project bags separated and hope they don't get into it. Otherwise, they get a big time-out and my Toasty Toes gets to play. Or maybe that new Koigu or the Lana Grossa Colortweed I just picked up....


 Peggy Bundy

4 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

ok, I'll be over for dinner, although, at first glance it looked like it was the dog in the pot... same pose
:-)
I admire you for multi projects. I feel guilt if I have more than one going, although lately I am more inclined to give it a try... so much inspiration out there.

Bonnie said...

Love the Sunset Circle Jacket.....please keep me updated on your progress and give me a review of the pattern.

I will need to order yarn since I have nothing that will do or enough of what will do in my current stash

wendy said...

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog..
The tiger sock yarn *opal rainforest* you can get from -

http://www.simplysockyarn.com/StoreFront.bok

wendy...

Annie said...

Mary, we are knitting soulmates. First, SCJ, now Somewhat Cowl. That's been on my "Wanna Make" list. You go, girl!