Wednesday, June 21

The Days of Wine and Roses

So a couple of observations about guests. The New Yorkers want high speed internet while the Parisians want a doctor. The local expats are just happy to drink someone else's plonk and not worry about the dirty dishes.

Politics are openly discussed as the house isn't bugged and we've heard all sorts of conspiracy theories regarding the Tour de France, Dick Cheney, and Mossad. Not all on the same subject, mind you. No one had read Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH, so my literary comments were kept to a minimum. I am trying to finish a book on Shakespeare--1699---quite good. I got to spend a night alone at the Nord Pinus hotel in Arles and happily knitted while watching the World Cup after an afternoon of strolling and shopping. This is my idea of heaven.

Raj shawl--DONE! It's more of a shawlette which is what I wanted. I'll block it back in the US, but it won't be a sweeping flamenco affair. Just right for covering the shoulders. Only one boo-boo and I can live with that. I'd make the pattern again, especially if I wanted a very easy repetitious pattern. I plan to photograph various yarns tomorrow, instead of banal things like my kids or the landscape.

Back next week, but not before one last seek-and-destroy mission to Le Bon Marche, where the yarn section is on the top floor next to a branch of La Droguerie.
A stasher's work is never done.

3 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

ok super stasher-
I'll need the addresses!
I'll be visiting my brother in paris in July!
:-)

lobstah said...

Sounds like you are having a fabulous time...wish I was there!

Bonnie said...

Have a delish pasrty for me.