Wednesday, July 26

It's either hot and sticky or hot and sweaty which makes it tough to knit. The boys and Mr. Mary were gone last week, so I got to amuse myself with some primetime TV. The quality viewing was the Tour de France in the mornings--wow! what a race! "Hell's Kitchen"---pass, I'd rather watch Nigella Lawson 'bung it all into a pot' than some Gordon Ramsey/Jamie Oliver testosterone-driven foodfest. Let's see... reality show with stressed out cooks in a hot kitchen...like knife fight, DUH.

"So You Think Can Dance"--I get Nigel, I like Nigel. He looks like the Eric Idle of ballroom dancing. Who are those other goombah judges? The two girls look like they're wasted on Bacardi mojitos and the other judge reeks of Grecian Formula. "Supernova"--Ok, at least here we can see the band openly drinking.

knitting in Knitting in the tabac in "Amelie."
I did have a French doubleheader from Blockbuster: "Amelie" which is a wonderful love letter to an idealized Paris, and "The Swimming Pool." I love Charlotte Rampling and here she is paired with a very saucy Lodovine Sagnier with extra-juicy creepy results. You can't beat a topless murder in the French countryside for cinema verite. The house plays an excellent supporting role.
Commercials--Altoid's Sours--good. Geico ad with Little Richard--still funny after a couple of times. Burger King with short/little people---huh? VW Rabbit ad--look for the b&w one at the beginning, very cute.
I did get at least one thing finished: the Giotto shrug with Anny Blatt 'Libertine' crochet edge.













Also, here's a Noro sweater vest for Anneke's shop. And a few goodies I picked up a couple of weeks ago--Noro Tidiori.Darth Vader and Noro VestDarth Vader and Noro VestNoro Tidiori, col. 7So, I've got my hands full with two restless boys and a pile of t-shirts that need name labels for camp. I need something cool to knit, so I'm back to Lovlund with the Hana Silk, my Dubai cotton stretch sock and another WIP for Anneke's shop. And maybe a little something Habu...or cold soba noodles for lunch...Jim-Jim's Water Ice...Barton Springs...Monster House in 3-D in a cool, dark theater.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the Darth Vader mask!!!!

Annie said...

ooooh, beautiful shrug! Love the crochet edging.

Tanya said...

Charlotte Rampling is the goddess - has been since The Night Porter - ooh, risque! Must rent The Swimming Pool.

Rock Star and So You Think... along with Project Runway is my Wednesday night reality trifecta.

Love the shrug!

Joni said...

I wanted to let you know that I just e-mailed you a copy of the ring code from the RingSurf admin. site. You’re listed as a member of the Fiber Arts Bloggers webring, but your blog is in the queue at the moment as you haven’t the ring code up on your blog. If you want to e-mail me when you have the ring code back up and whatnot, I’ll check it out and get you back into the ring as quickly as I can. Let me know if you need any help! :)

HPNY Knits said...

noro always a winner!
love the belly belt!