Wednesday, October 25

FO: Bow Tie Wrap

Debbie Bliss Alpaca/Silk + Noro Lotus, 10 skeins = Bow Tie Wrap

Debbie Bliss Alpaca/Silk with Noro Lotus

I wanted something girly to throw on my shoulders that wouldn't fall off and didn't have sleeves, so I came up with the idea of a giant bow ponchette/wrap thingy. I simply knitted up the alpaca/silk in a long 18x42 inch rectangle, working short rows at the ends so I could flap my elbows. Seamed the ends together to make the body. I then crocheted the top edge with the Noro to tighten up the shoulders a bit before knitting another rectangle for the center. I seamed that rectangle over the center body seam and voila!
Bow Tie Wrap, close-up
Bow Tie wrap, detailThanks, Entrelac, for the photography!


Day of the Dead skirtAnd here's a close-up of my Day of the Dead skirt that I made last year. "Dem bones, dem bones......."

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Love it! You should totally write up that pattern and post it for all us looky-loos. *poke-poke*

HPNY Knits said...

Mary this is awesome! I say this is Knitty material!!!
the whole this works beautifully!
just, whats with the pool side????? I am wearing hand knit koigu socks and fleece pyjamas!

sgeddes said...

What a great wrap! The skirt is great too!

Hilde C. said...

The wrap looks great! Very creative and elegant - and the colours are beautiful :-)

Garngamen said...

Wow, what a clever knit! Looks very smart on you! (And that yarn-p*rn below is really worth many revisits.... It looks so WARM, palm trees pool, ahhhh, U R living in paradise!