Thursday, November 30

Goodie Bag RAK

I'm reorganzing the Yarncave/guestroom and have realized that I have many, many, MANY lovely yarns that will never make it to a project bag. The poor dears didn't even make it to 'Flash Your Stash' because they're junior varsity and only the starters got photographed. In a rare fit of knitterly altruism, I want to turn my Destash into a RAK. I was going to peruse the Knittyboard RAK list, but I have no idea if they're up to date or not. So I'm going to mail a Goodie Bag of yarn to anyone who contacts me. Send me your list and I'll put together a Goodie Bag most fitting to your likes. There may be enough for a project or a scarf--you take a chance on the amount. I will ship domestic and internationally via US Post.

A couple of things:
This is for yarn ONLY. Please, please do not leave your info as a comment.

I would like to help students and those who have limited access to different yarns and/or stash cash.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

1. List your top 3 fave colors.
2. List your top 3 hate colors.
3. List any fibers you're allergic to. Really allergic, not pretend--otherwise, everyone would put acrylic.
4. List 3 fibers you use the most.(cashmere doesn't count)
5. E-mail your name, mailing address and list to me at: meknits@yahoo.com. This is strictly for the Goodie Bag RAK and will not be used for any other purposes at all EVER.
6. I will e-mail you only if I have a question.

I estimate that I have enough for about 20-30 goodie bags.
I will try to make the best matches. There is some shiny stuff, a bit of wool and some lightweight blends, cottons, railroad ribbon, matte/shiny ribbon and even French acrylic with various oddballs. Not all have labels. I would focus more on color than fiber.

Let the fun begin!

8 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

OMG Mary! you are de-stashing! I know, I know, make room for new improved stuff...
its a great idea. you inspire me to do my own yarn inventory. there are definitely some "lemons" in my stash, buried away.

Trillian42 said...

What a cool idea. I'm tempted to send you my info... ;)

carrieknits said...

Mary what a wonderful idea!!! You're inspriring me to clean out my stash and do some good holiday deeds :)

cpurl17 said...

What a wonderful idea! I think I might get on the bandwagon!

magses said...

Woah, you're the bestest!

sgeddes said...

Great idea! I need to do some stuff too to clear out some space for future aquisitions.

Bonnie said...

Do it with me and I'll send you yummy costa rican coffee back!

Hilde C. said...

Mmmmmm, it's a very temping offer you are making here - this must be the true christmas spirit :-)