Saturday, December 2

Destash DONE!

The war wagon is locked and loaded.

Announcement: I will not be able to accept any more names for the destash/goodie bags.

WHEW! What a crazy couple of days it has been--seventeen boxes have gone out and I have about five more to finish. They are going to New Zealand, The Netherlands, Canada and all across the US. Many people requested goodie bags not for themselves, but for sisters, daughters, friends and new knitters which really touched me. Those who requested for themselves often asked to be considered only if there was anything left. What a great bunch of deserving people!

As for me, I had a fun time matching various yarns to different knitters. "Oh, she likes pink...she's got to have this. Canada...cold...let's find something warm and cheery. That teenager needs some sparkly stuff and the New Yorker really needs to play with this!" Almost all these yarns have a story about where I bought it and what I had in mind when I did get it. I didn't include that in the package, because it's time for these yarns to make a new beginning and stop waiting for me. My yarn doesn't need to enter a new life with a bunch of emotional baggage, you know? And if the knitter doesn't love it, that's fine by me. She can share it or hide it in the stash....bwahahahaha!

I have learned a couple of things. I really should stay away from sales and the Anny Blatt factory outlet store. And not a single person liked yellow. Not one.

Now, I can get back to my Yarncave while Neko waits for life to get back to normal.

14 comments:

Jessica said...

This is so nice of you. Good karma is definately headed your way! :)

sgeddes said...

You are the original Yarna Clause! Look at the car all full of yarn waiting to be delivered to good little knitters all over the world.

HPNY Knits said...

look at the size of those boxes! only in Texas.
:-)
that is a really nice gesture- and may the wonderful yarn fairy be even more generous to you!

cpurl17 said...

What a great idea! And your Neko-chan is too funny!

Bonnie said...

I am selfish booger snot who didn't offer to do anything nice for anyone but instead offered a bribe to the generous gifter.

In an effort to redeem myself I would like to point out that my across the street neighbor (aka my mother) regularly raids my stash for yarn, needles, books, patterns etc.

Does that make me look a little less like a yarn grubber?

Ali said...

You are a good person and you tell a good story.:) Very cute smiley-face boxes.

Neko steals the show. ANy chance he is being gifted? lol

Zonda said...

I like Sgeddes's name for you...Yarna Clause! You have made many knitters feel very special! Thank you for doing this!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on this accomplishment! It is a very kind thing to do: the lucky recipients should feel very grateful!

lobstah said...

Wow, that is quite a lot of yarn there! Nice job cleaning out the stash! Now that I think of it, I almost NEVER see yellow yarn in stores! Did you actually have some yellow yarn???

Hilde C. said...

You’ve really done a lot of work.
I’m impressed by your generosity, sending all those boxes to all those places!

Annie said...

What an awesome thing you did! And what fun for the people who will be receiving the yarn. Very cool idea!

Garngamen said...

Im so impressed by you! Cleaning up the yarnstash! giving it away to needy knitters. Internationally. So generous. Yarna Clause! Wow, BIG BOXES! And a BIG HEART! amazing. I ¨hope you still have yarn cave to retreat to...makes me feel so greedy, selfish. Ok. I will consider it, when I'm old, and realize I will not knit it all. Still I have hope.

Anonymous said...

We both have Nekos :) I know where you can find a good home for yellow yarn hint hint J/K

Melly said...

Thank you so much for the yarn! I love the pink ribbon and mohair blend. The green boucle is awesome and the thick multi-coloured wool was a great surprise...now what to make with??!! (Too bad it's exam season :S)