Thursday, February 15

YPF: It's Yarn. Really.


Erin Baiano for The New York Times

FUGGEDY ANN.

Forgive me, Turtlegirl, for not posting a real fiber pic but this has been bugging me ever since I saw it in the NYTimes Fashion Week coverage. Last year, there was the Marc Jacobs porcini mushroom hat and now this. The above creation is from Isabel Toledo for the Anne Klein Fall 2007 collection. I don't have so much an issue with the idea of it as much as what a total waste of probably some excellent quality yarn. I do hope customers get a free pair of needles with each purchase.

I can only imagine the maneuvers needed to get in and out of taxis in that thing. Okay, vent over. I'm going to check out Al Franken's web page and think Happy Thoughts about presidential campaigns lasting two years...

7 comments:

Annie said...

Really Mary, I think you need one. A yarn mop head. All the women in Paris are doing it!

HPNY Knits said...

"...a free pair of needles with each purchase..."
ha ha ha!

Zonda said...

Interesting hat there!! Wow, I'd run into everything with that on!

Joanna said...

Really, I think it's the new knitting bag in disguise. Why bother actually *carrying* your yarn, when you just unwrap it from your head as you knit?

Renee Freeman said...

Man, I got such a visual of some tall, skinny model type chick sauntering down a busy, midtown street with above chapeau. Suddenly, she whips out her addi-tubos, expertly casts on, and off she goes. I see men and women staring in amazement as the monstronsity atop her head slowly morphs into...there my imagination fails me.

tatjana said...

Hi Mary! Thank you so much for your kind comment, it's great when people drop a line so I know who stops by :) I'm glad you like the swing videos, I'm hoping to be able to post one of myself - once I learn a bit more lol.

lobstah said...

Oh, I had forgotton about the porcini mushrooms! This new version is kinda goofy but I think better looking than the mushrooms.