Sunday, April 8

Let's visit a yarn shop...

My next door neighbor sold his house. This showed up on Saturday:


And here is what was left this afternoon:




Sooo, after that little suburban trauma let's go visit a yarn shop, shall we? (spoken in a Mister Rogers voice--click the link, I beg you) I took these photos when I was in Miami over Christmas. I visited my former boss and good friend, Anneke, at her new location. Here, pull up a chair and sit a spell...




If you look closely (go ahead and click on the pic), you'll see not one but TWO cats sleeping in their kitty pi beds. They're Gigi and Purl, my feline godchildren and most favorite calicoes in the world. I *sniff* helped name those girls when they were just itty bitty rescue babies. Okay, okay...let's move on to the hard stuff---YARN.







This is another room that houses the Great Wall of Noro, as seen on the right. Look around, you'll probably see a few knitted/felted items made with Kureyon, a Colinette throw and something I finished from Simply Beautiful Sweaters lurking about. Oh, yeah, there's a lot of Tahki/Stacy Charles on the left.


Hmm...I think there's some Prism around here, somewhere, cleverly color coordinated. This officially makes you a 'Cubby Scout.'
Yes, Anneke even lets me play shopgirl behind the counter (her hand is guarding the till..) There's a whole other room full (and I mean full, people) of needlepoint canvasses and fiber, plus the usual wall of addis, clover, notions and whatnot. This is where I got 2 of my skeins of Tilli Tomas for Sahara. And some Malabrigo, and Debbie Bliss, and Colinette...
Anneke hasn't heard the siren song of spinning and I understand. Really. In the meantime, I'll just have to earn another badge every time I visit her.

I will not be maudlin and torture you with endless photos of my dead pets, but I did find this one of Neko. He was facing the neighbor's house...happier times for all of us.

9 comments:

knitten kitten said...

So jealous...look at all that yarn. My small town Texas self doesn't have an LYS (sigh). Sniff the yarn next time for me won't ya!

villaa ylle said...

Oh my what a LYS:) Looks like paradise to me. Congrats on Sahara. Now I must have some Tilli Tomas too.

Bonnie said...

OMG!!! Where is this place? I believe I may be going to Miami for a shopping trip this year and I could lose myself in this shop for hours, days, months or until Anneke calls the cops and has me hauled out like the yarn addict I am.

And my jaw is on the floor at the home destruction. As a gesture of goodwill they should have let each of the neighbors play on the lifesize Tonka toy for three minutes. ;-)

Zonda said...

Wow! That's quite the walls o'yarn! Cool little kitties in their beds too! Hoping they are building another house on the lot??

lobstah said...

Noooo!! Doesn't anyone but me love those older ranch houses? They're probably going to replace it with some ugly faux-tudor trophy home that will be falling apart in 10 years. Bah!

That yarn shop is surely a great place to console oneself, though.

txstarla said...

I could EAT that wall of Noro. It is sooooo yummy.

See my ongoing projects at http://swankyswag.wordpress.com/

Dupa Jasia said...

From one or two offices struggled the dim gleam of an early candle, by whose light some perplexed accountant sat belated, and hunting for azithromycin his error.. For one full minute the elder studied her celexa face.. The candidate writhed a good deal, studied the beams overhead and the codeine chickens out of the window, and then replied, It is so long since I learnt the first part of the spelling-book, that I can't justly answer that question.. I must, however, caution you to answer no questions nor say anything about this case to any one until you are in propranolol court.. , and follow the detours of the celexa unconscious excitations...

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

I may also assume that these feelings followed me into potassium sleep.. At this unusual amoxicillin request the visitors looked much amazed, and Mrs.. Then, without giving details of the contract, amoxicillin he mentioned merely the willingness of their boarder to resign his bed on occasions of pressing emergency.. But, my dear, I whaled half the hide off'n him insulin for it.. It is not our way, ma'am, to waste our money in parties and fooleries, and fine furniture insulin and fine clothes, and rich food, and all such abominations...

Michaelangeloh said...

I could really use those socks this winter! My feet,nose and hands get very cold,send help! I need those socks !Well maybe some mittens and a nose mitt too.