Sunday, April 1

No Stash For You

Sorry, gang, my heart's not in it this year.


Neko

Neko went missing last Thursday night when we had torrential rains. I knew something was wrong. I had the most awful sense of foreboding which I tried to pass off as overreacting on my part. I made up flyers yesterday and went all over the neighborhood dropping them into mailboxes and calling for Neko. Later in the afternoon, my neighbor from across the street came over and said she thought she had found him. She led us to an overgrown part of her yard and there he was. I think he was hit by a car during the storm and made it to the bushes where he died.
Neko in Kitty Pi bed6666-Toed Kitten

Neko was a slightly grumpy and very independent 6-toed Siamese mix with the most obnoxious yowl. He didn't like to be picked up and he tolerated petting only on his terms, usually on a full stomach. He enjoyed taunting the dog in various ways but would nuzzle him fondly as well. Neko particularly enjoyed sunning himself by the neighbor's pool and trying to catch the frogs in his pond. We're a pretty noise bunch around here, but Neko was the loudest of all.

Happy hunting, my friend. It's too quiet here without you.

20 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry! He was a beautiful kitty.

Hilde C. said...

I'm so sorry - that is really sad. I'm sure he had a very good life with you and your familiy.

turtlegirl76 said...

No! Not Neko! Oh no, Mary! That's awful! You've had such a tough year already pet wise. This is awful. Neko was such a beautiful cat. Fortunately you have a lot of wonderful pictures of him. I'm so sorry.

cpurl17 said...

My heart is broken for you over the loss of your sweet little Neko-chan.

HPNY Knits said...

so so sorry to hear Mary. and so soon after your dog. big hug to you guys!

Batty said...

Oh no, not Neko! That's sad, I'm so sorry.

knittingkitty said...

I'm so sorry. He looks and sounds like he was a wonderful cat.

Zonda said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about Neko! Take care!

Put a Sock in it said...

Sorry for your sad loss. He was certainly a handsome kitty.

Reina said...

I'm so sorry to hear that!

Robin said...

Oh, Mary. I'm so sorry. Neko was such a little hound-cat. Cute little rascal, too.

Annie said...

Geez Mary, first the dog, now the cat...how are your boys doing? Neko was YOUR cat, though, right? What a cute kitty. I am so sorry, poor kitty. Hugs, Mary!

lobstah said...

Oh dear, it can't possibly be so :( Neko just seemed so full of vim and vigor (even just through photos on your blog).
RIP Neko and peace to you and your family.

Cole said...

What a beautiful baby. May he rest in peace and hunt all the mice he can handle.
From one cat lady to another, I am sorry for your loss.

Kris with a K said...

I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a pet. glad Neko had such a great home.

Laura said...

OH! I'm so sorry. he was such a pretty boy. My condolences to you and your family.

David said...

I'm very sorry about Neko. That's just horrible.

*hugs*

-David

Bonnie said...

Ooooh Mary I am so very sorry. The loss of furry family members can be so devastating. My heart goes out to you and your family.

sgeddes said...

I'm so sorry about Neko. He was a beautiful kiity.

merlinthecat said...

Oh my I'm so sorry...