Thursday, May 31

...and the living is easy.

Hockney inspired pool shot

It's that time of year when we get to dust off our restaurant French and relocate to Provence for a few weeks. Volumes have been written about this region of France and I won't bore you with my own musings except for mentioning that this is where the Anny Blatt/Bouton d'Or yarn outlet is located. Because that's what really got my SnB group all charged up last Sunday and now I have their wishlist which is top heavy with Kanpur silk with Merinosoie coming in a close second. Have I trained those girls well or what?

I will be working on designing a pattern for this sweater. There are a few very patient aran knitters that have been waiting for me to stop 'researching,' get off my bum, and just write up the damn thing. Oh, and I'll be knitting it at the same time to make sure it will fit somebody. Everybody, if I can help it, but at least it will be test knitted (what a novel idea!).

I'll blog updates whenever I get to the internet cafe in St. Remy. Pix will have to wait and will add a note of delicious suspense, heh-heh-heh.

Salut!

7 comments:

Zonda said...

Have a super time!! :)

Hilde C. said...

I think that pictures is one of the best of all the great photos you've posted. I hope you will have a wonderful time in
France! :-)

Adrienne said...

Have fun! I so with that was me right now lol

Batty said...

Have fun! Eat some cheese for me!

sgeddes said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Ava said...

Oh, I love the pool picture! I'm waiting for your sweater pattern write up too - loved it since I sawe the ad. Have a wonderful time!

HPNY Knits said...

OMG! you are going to France again. has a year really past? have a great time!