Thursday, October 11

Komon Kimono

Presenting the Komon Kimono from Knit Kimono. Noro Silk Garden Lite with Noro Cash Iroha for the neckband.






This piece has a backstory that involves LIES, Trickery and deceit. As soon as I bought the yarn and received my copy of Knit Kimono the same day, I just knew it was destined for a very special person, someone dear to my knitty heart--Miss Renee from my SnB group. She had just announced that she was getting a big fat promotion after years of hard work (yay!) and was relocating to Dallas(boo).

Fellow posse member Robincat was all over the idea like a duck on a junebug and she cranked out the fronts and the sleeves while I banged away on the back and the 54-inch neckband. I mention the neckband because at about mile 36 I was getting a wee bit tired of the garter stitch with built-in i-cord over and over again. Blatantly knitting on it in front of Renee gave me the extra gas to get it done. See, Robin and I are such good liars that Renee never suspected a thing, even after reading my blog. This bears thinking about if we ever embark on a career as the knitting embezzlers or the handspun hackers.

The big day arrived for Renee's farewell lunch at Maudie's Tex-Mex and here are the results:

Before margaritas......



and after.












We're gonna miss ya, honey!

9 comments:

Renee said...

You have no idea how much I am going to miss each and every one of you. As much as I am looking forward to the Dallas move, I am grieving the necessity to move away from my knitting soul sisters. You better come see me in the big D.

Renee said...

P.S. Remind me to NEVER play poker with you or Robin. You guys could ut of my stash, take my first born, etc. Evil, evil wonderful women that you are.

Hilde C. said...

What a wonderful gift - it looks great :-)

lobstah said...

Oh my gosh, that is so beautiful and looks lovely on! You guys are some seriously good friends!

turtlegirl76 said...

Now that's friendship. Gorgeous kimono.

sgeddes said...

This project turned out great! I've wanted to get this book.

Garngamen said...

What a fantastic pattern and knitting. Gotta have gotta have... druel...

aija said...

Wow, what an awesome color choice! It's awesome :)

Batty said...

Very nice! The color makes the piece with this one.