Friday, October 26

Ply It Again, Ma'am

Thanks for the great comments about Cherie Amour. She makes her debut tomorrow and just wait until you see the whack skirt I've cooked up. Goodwill rocks!

Superwash Merino roving, source: unknown

Angelina recently plopped down this roving at our SnB group. Someone had sent it to her and she was destashing. I politely waited a second or two before pouncing on it.











I spun it up and fooled around with using a short draw.










I plied it loosely and had a bit left over that I plied with some merino/tencel. It looked like a bad marriage between soggy ramen noodles and a nursing home lobby in Ft. Worth.

It was time for...










Wilton's!

But it was still tired and limp. And no red-blooded woman wants that.

The savvy SNB spinners rode in on their wooden wheels and advised me to ply it again.



And it worked!

I'm knitting it up into a little cardi with a lace edge and 3/4 sleeves. I'm knitting dangerously as I've about 500 yds, more or less.

Now, it's off to the school carnival where I get to turn live people into skeletons for the "Day of the Dead" spookhouse aka "Mary's Revenge on the PTA." Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

3 comments:

Garngamen said...

That was an amazing posting. You really mean you spun and coloured that in just a few days. AMAZING! Looks really good. You have become such a good spinner! So fast. Wow, amazing!

Batty said...

Wow, you're fast. And the results are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished cardi... good luck with the 500 yards! I hope the lace edge makes the yarn last.

turtlegirl76 said...

How do you ply it again? i've never tried that. But it did wonders! Fabulous!