Thursday, December 27

Seasoned Greetings

Hill Country Yarns sock yarnThe holiday was merry and the day was bright
as I surveyed my work in the twinkly light.
Blue Heron Rayon MetallicSweaters for the teachers and cheese straws for the dear,
cheese straws
I was happy that gifts would soon appear.
Bat HighballsAh, bat glasses from my cousin, Batts that we are,
as my French santons looked on from afar.
The big box appeared and all looked on with fright
for what would DH give Mary tonight?
French santonFrench santon

The paper parted and there appeared
a full length cashmere blend coat, minus the beard.
I smiled, I cringed, and faked my delight
for who am I to groan tonight?
The following morn my DH insisted,
did I love it or was I pissed?

I gazed upon my love as only years can muster
and told him sweetly with my Texan luster,
"Ice cubes to Eskimos and all of that,
please return the coat, mi amor,
and give me THAT!

He started and stamped and finally agreed
that a macro lens was a fine thing indeed.
Noro Kureyon sock yarn, col. S40
Noro Kureyon sock yarn, col. S40

7 comments:

Batty said...

Bat glasses! I love your bat glasses, what a fabulous gift!

I also like all the little people who live in your yarn. I think I'd enjoy being a yarn dweller.

Hilde C. said...

I didn't know you were a poet as well. You're a woman with many talents.
I wouldn't mind living in a yarn cave like that :-)

HPNY Knits said...

Cheese Straws! I'll be right over!
happy new year da'ling!

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

turtlegirl76 said...

That last pic is absolutely AWESOME! Love it!

Garngamen said...

Yarncave! Thats it! I would LOVE to live like that... and you got Noro sock yarn... wow. I love your sweater-decorations... what a great idea! Fill the tree.....
Happy new year my friend!

Annie said...

HAHAHHAHA! Mary, you're the bomb.