Tuesday, January 22

Answer: Drink Spiked Lemonade?

Question: What do Tough-n-Easy Texan gals do when life gives them lemons?

This delightful post is coming to you from my old G3 iBook that I bought in Paris in 2000, complete with a French keyboard. And you thought I had a thick accent. The dramatic death of the hard drive on my G4 iMac (2003) last week with one kid's science project on it and the other kid's magnet school application--5 essay questions, all done and ready to go, has been only the latest in the worst streak of bad luck that I've had in a long while. Please, don't get me started....all I can say is that at one point I listened to 'Lime and Violet' podcasts for hours while it rained nonstop in the jungles of Belize. And it was chilly. And I was wore the same clothes for 5 days. And I ran out of books. And I did start a Malabrigo capelet. And the DH had a horrible cold. And we ran up a huge bar bill. And then we came home.

Really, we're just fine and dandy. I'm just waiting for the data retrieval guys to get back to me and then I can start using my kids' college fund to pay for the new G5 intel 2 GB iMac with external hard drive, extra memory, and updated software(I'm not taking any chances, did you guess). And the new hard drive(plus labor) for the dead Mac so the boys can abuse it with impunity.

Did I mention that I had a huge falling out with my oldest, dearest friend in the world? Yep, there's a man involved. Not mine, thank goodness, but this may take years to wait it out. That's ok--I've got lots of spiked lemonade.

10 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Well, sounds like you've had quite an interesting new year thus far. I'm sure the thing with the friend will work itself out, but that's too bad that it will take so long.

Robin said...

Want some company? I've had a crappy week as well.... and hubs is back on road-trips next week.

*hands Mary a bag of lemons*

Robin said...

Ooops!! You've already got enough lemons... that was supposed to be the bag of sugar. (Can you tell I'm up at an obscene hour with a non-sleeping toddler?)

Lauren said...

Well crap. I'm sorry you've had a bad time of it lately.

Batty said...

Wow, sounds like you've had your share of lemons. If you manage to make lemonade out of those, imagine how much fun you're going to have when life throws something good at you for a change!

Hilde C. said...

I'm going to try to figure out the secret handsshake, and let you know if I get them to tell me any secrets :-) I hope some good luck will come your way :-)

Garngamen said...

Sounds like a "world decease"... I have also had it tough a while, but trying to keep a brave smile on. Falling out with dear friends, that is really heartbreaking. I think dear friends should be more forgiving and grand (than they are).. Speaking from experience. I guess it also is taking the first steps. I hate computer breakdowns, especially you just KNOW they are going to brake sooner or later, and still not taking enough steps to be secure. Sigh! Poor you. But Lemondrinks sounds great! Lots of vitamines. And maybe some lemons for marmelade. Excellent on toast! Take care, and cheer up! Many people around the world admire you! Belize? Wow, how fab! Sounds so exotice to my ears.

Garngamen said...

Sounds like a "world decease"... I have also had it tough a while, but trying to keep a brave smile on. Falling out with dear friends, that is really heartbreaking. I think dear friends should be more forgiving and grand (than they are).. Speaking from experience. I guess it also is taking the first steps. I hate computer breakdowns, especially you just KNOW they are going to brake sooner or later, and still not taking enough steps to be secure. Sigh! Poor you. But Lemondrinks sounds great! Lots of vitamines. And maybe some lemons for marmelade. Excellent on toast! Take care, and cheer up! Many people around the world admire you! Belize? Wow, how fab! Sounds so exotice to my ears.

HPNY Knits said...

oey vey as we say in NYC!
its a lot to take, but the falling out with the old friend got to hurt the most! it happened to me in 2001. we never found a way to repair the damage.

I am rushing to do back up for my computer as we type. you inspired me.

lobstah said...

Ugh, sorry about the rough patch you're in :( Maybe add a few bottles of vino on top of the lemonade?