Sunday, June 15

Postcard from Provence

Who knew Amsterdam could be a lot of fun with 2 boys in tow? We covered the 'G' or 'E' version of the city with a canal boat tour, shorter visits to the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum, Rembrandt's house and stops for pancakes, t-shirts and clogs over the course of a couple of days.
"Why are there three x's on everything, Mom?"
"It's part of the city crest, dear."

Thanks to the April issue of Craft, I made a stop at the de Afstap yarn shop which carries all of the Rowan yarns. I bought two grab bags of the 4-ply cotton for 14 euros, 400 grams total, various colors; of course, I got the 'you can't find that in the States?' look from Mr. Mary. Not on sale, dear....

I have to mention that our flight on KLM from Amsterdam to Marseille had some of the nicest flight attendants I've seen in a long time. Amazing how a little smile can go a long way on a routine flight.

And now we're in Provence, just south of St. Remy. The air is perfumed with the smell of broom and lavender. The weather is mild, meaning anything under 90/30 degrees is mild to a Texan. I should have the second sleeve finished on my slouchy cardigan and have it finished tomorrow, just in time for a visit from my IN-LAWS!

3 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

I love it! "Not on sale, dear...." indeed. anything for 14euros must be taken away from the shop!!!
:-)

Garngamen said...

Sounds great. So St Remy's.... wow, sounds so nice. I do believe that Riviera is best in June... knitting and slouchy. How nice. well 14 Euro's IS a good price.. I missed that shop in Amsterdam, thanks for you hint dear. Take care, and many smiles from us in the north (where we dream of some sunny days... that heat-wave is now just a memory).

Hugs, your friend!

Batty said...

Sounds like you're having fun!

14 Euros... not bad, not bad at all!