Saturday, September 13

Apophenia and Yarn

Here are today's random acts of patterns:
Friday night with IkeCat's Eye
fibra natura cobblestone
Hurricane Ike (check out the middle finger), Louie's eye (yep, he's a boy), and Fibra Natura Cobblestone, 100% superwash merino.

First, Hurricane Ike didn't come anywhere near us. It's 100 degrees out and sunny. My heart goes out to everybody who did go through it. Watching The Weather Channel during a hurricane is like when they do the slow motion thing in action movies--you see the same satellite image slowly rotating on a loop while somebody's gutter goes flying by your house.

Second, there was an episode last week that I refer to as 'Sexing the Kitty.' The cat was bathing itself and LuLu is a Louie and 10-4 I got a visual confirmation on that.

Third, I just saw this yarn at Gauge. It's 100% superwash merino that's milled to look like handspun which I think is an interesting development in the world of commercial superwash. What really caught my eye was their new shipment from HandMaiden. Here's the HandMaiden Great Big Sea, which is the worsted version of Sea Silk, and this 'Midnight' colorway is soooo very tempting. I've got some SeaCell (peridot) on the needles and I really like the way it feels.
HandMaiden Great Big Sea
Here's a shot of the shop, so you can enjoy all the fiber love.
Gauge in Austin TX
I have been knitting and spinning, but I'm known as the knitter who sews over at Gauge. Karli asked me to sew up a couple of things for her. Awwwwww...lucky baby!
Log Cabin baby blanketBaby blanket
Louie is actively campaigning for Palin these days....

something about dead parrots and lumberjacks.

4 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

glad to hear Ike was nowhere near you!
seasilk is so nice to work with. did not know there is a worsted version. have to look into it......

Batty said...

Good thing Ike stayed away!

All those yarn shots, though... I already have 2 packages of the stuff coming, and now I want some of that worsted-weight seasilk, whatever it is they call it. I want!

Hilde C. said...

I'm glad to hear that Ike was not near you. The yarn looks so beautiful, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's on your needles :-)

Garngamen said...

Hand maiden... and Peridot... I have two different hanks, and they are lovely. Im so into that yarn. What a shop-shot. I could go there (in some other time - where there is no hurricane!) HM - a Favourite brand for sure! So, You know PALIN? Now Im really in awe...He is fab anyhow. Had a laugh about that weather man...... Really. You are just so funny!