Tuesday, November 11

Yes We Did

I've been a wreck for the past 2 weeks. Can't knit, can't crochet and forget about sewing. I've gotten past the intermittent tears of joy stage to the 'can we have the inaugural tomorrow please' phase. Obsessively watching Rachel Maddow helps a little. It's such a terrible time globally and, yet, I feel that there's been a cosmic shift. It's not about the Democrats' majority and the Republicans' identity crisis,  the new Obama cabinet or Supreme Court fantasy picks. It's about the PUPPY, people.

I wish Tom Lehrer could write a song about this.

3 comments:

HPNY Knits said...

YES WE DID!!!
Rachel Maddow-my new hero! last night she was on in PJ and slippers to support the bloggers. and Jon Stewart. these people are life savers.
I wish we had a fast forward button for life, but hey- the kids are growing too fast....

my son thinks we should also have a victory puppy......
:-)

Patrizia's Adventures in Knitting said...

I have never, ever cried over election results before. . . much less cried tears of joy. I am so used to voting "against" a candidate, that I hardly knew what to do now that I had someone for vote "for." I know that the immediate future is going to be tough. I simply can't imagine a better individual to help us steer our way through it. So, thank god "We Did."

lobstah said...

I am mostly feeling relief--knowing that at least for the next four years things are definitely going to be such an improvement. I've never felt so satisfied as I did when I went to bed last Tuesday night! Ahh!