Tuesday, February 10

Callooh! Callay!

I have slain the Flapjack Throw from Colinette. It was stop and start for a couple of years, but here it is in all of its multi-colored glory. It measures approximately 55"x55" unblocked and it weighs a ton. I followed the pattern about halfway through then I just crocheted up stripes skein by skein. I also switched to a larger hook because a) I couldn't find the pattern and b) I wanted to finish this thing pronto and c) it was there.
Flapjack throw, Colinette prism
This future heirloom will reside on Bandit's bed where there is already a very brightly colored quilt that I made years ago.
The UFO monogamy is great, but I'm at a quandary as to what I shall finish next. There are THAT many choices....
Flapjack throw, Colinette prism
I can only imagine the day when this cherished object is brought out of mothballs for Bandit's firstborn and his wife takes one look and says, "Not if you want another kid, Babycakes." Good for her--I'll keep it in my spare bedroom and the kids can use it for a circus tent or a magic carpet. Unless....unless, he gives it to a college girlfriend. Gosh, I hadn't thought of that.

7 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Wow. That's... wow. Impressive. And gorgeous. I love it!

knittersharmony said...

It is so colorful! I love it!

Hilde C. said...

Wow, what a party of colours! It remind me of spring and summertime :-)

JulieLoves2Knit said...

bright beautiful and snuggly! The perfect combo!

Ceci said...

haha! I vote magic carpet. :D I still think it's absolutely Kaffe-Beautiful.

Will try really hard not to forget my Prism this weekend.

Ceci said...

Aw, crap. I came over here to tell you I put a cute Award on my blog for you, and to tell you to go see, and your beautiful blankie blinded me.

lobstah said...

Oh, I totally love it! It's so HAPPY!