Friday, July 3

Why, hello stranger.....


Me and HPNY hanging out at Zabar's.

Welcome back to the constantly morphing planet of Mary, Mary! Let's see what all has happened since I last posted. Oh, gosh, I have lost about 25 pounds. This was due in part to the adrenaline, anxiety and stress caused by my recent divorce. Yes, I know, big effing life change doings. It was mutual and we're much happier as friends and co-parents than spouses. It's a huge transition for all of us, but I think we'll get there in the end. Texting your kids nonstop is my idea of an umbilical cord. Anyway, I had a few days free and recently ran off to New York City to see old and new-ish friends. I did pick up 2 skeins of Alchemy Pagoda, Costa Brava colorway on a quick trip to Knitty City w/Hila(HPNY). I started a cluster pattern scarf but have ripped it out because the texture of the fiber totally obscured the stitch pattern. Something simpler and bit more dramatic--double YOs--may do the trick. There is a nice scarf pattern in the summer VK with dropped stitches, but I am a little worried that it is a bit delicate for the wear&tear of a lacrosse/soccer mom. And then.....

I am a finishing geek and I blocked my friend Jane's 360 degree Feather and Fan shawl. I'm not sure what pattern she used, but it spread out beautifully. I used a million t-pins to enhance the crochet edge.

And I think you can see for yourself how happy Jane was with the results...

and let's take a look at the back...

She's getting ready to go to Knitting Camp in Wisconsin and if she doesn't kick some KC butt, then I will be sorely disappointed. I forgot to mention that she knitted a hat out of my old old Gameboy charger cords mixed with Malabrigo and buttons.
Jane. Rocks.


Imagine sitting on that roof deck on the right and listening to Gogol Bordello while drinking an ice cold beer on a lazy summer night. Cheers, New York!

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Wow. Big life changes, indeed! I'm glad you are doing ok, though! It's good to see you back.

HPNY Knits said...

you look fantastic nd it was fun to see ya'! I am glad your pic came out, cause all of mine are even more blurred.
:-)
you go girl!!