Friday, November 9

365 days later.....

11/3/12, Formula Run, Austin TX


It's been a very busy, crazy and stressful year....
I refinanced my mortgage. (the road to thrift is not always painless)
I ran the Capitol 10k. (neither is the road to 6 miles)
I sold my old house. (3500 sf in boxes, plus yarn)
I bought a new house. (2000 sf and a lot of trips to Goodwill)
I hired a contractor to remodel the new house. (ah, the promise of fresh paint...)
I got a job as a sales associate at Sur La Table. (crazy schedule, but 40% employee discount)
I fired the contractor. (I unpacked my Big Girl panties)
I hired a new contractor who finished the remodel. (you should see my LED track lights)
I quit my job. (crazy+schedule+long commute = au revoir and some new knives)
My two sons are now both in high school. (one stop taxi service for me)
My two sons are now on the debate team. (I never get the last word around here)
I ran the Formula Run at the new F1 track. (a personal best time)
and....
The election is finally over!!! (now, we can ALL move on with our lives)

The following is what I was going to post around last Thanksgiving before all hell broke loose in the reality department:




  Fast and Fuzzy



(Twinkle Handknits Baby Chunky, color:Moss)

Here's my early holiday gift to you. A simple scarf in a super soft yarn with a more masculine feel. You cast on 100 stitches and knit it lengthwise, so I'm calling it...

Century Scarf
yarn: Twinkle Handknits Baby Chunky, 136-150 gms
approx. 6" x 48"
needle: size 17 US

Using long-tailed method, cast on 100 stitches. Knit 4 rows.
Row 5: *K4, P4* K4.
Row 6: *P4, K4* P4.
repeat rows 5 and 6 until the scarf is 5 inches wide or desired width.
Knit 3 rows.
BO very loosely or with size 19 US needle.



Thanksgiving 2011. (look at that smile, little did I know...)


No comments: